One of my good friends is looking into unschooling her son and asked for more information about it. My husband and I knew we would unschool before we even had kids and will definitely be doing so with our daughter. These are, in my opinion, some of the best unschooling blogs out there (in no particular order).
1. Freedom to Learn: on Psychology Today. Usually very evidence based. A while back he did a survey and analysis of adults who had been homeschooled/unschooled. Very informative.
Latest post: https://www.psychologytoday.
Survey post #1: https://www.psychologytoday.
Another survey post: https://www.psychologytoday.
2. Unschooling the Kids: blog by a fun, unschooling family in Italy. It’s mostly the mom who posts but the kids and dad also post too. They’re also working on an unschooling book.
Latest post: http://unschoolingthekids.com/
3. Verde Mama: this is a unschooling mom and her 3 daughters. She does mostly pictures which I kind of love because I’m a visual learner and it really gives me a sense of what everyday unschooling would look like.
Latest post: http://verdemama.blogspot.com/
4. Penelope Trunk: work at home unschooling mom. I used to read her blog for about 3 years – there is a lot of good info here. She uses a lot of studies and science. Be warned: she is very frank. She’s not afraid to overshare or offend people (which is part of the reason I like her. lol)
Her website: http://education.
If you look at her menu under education, she has things like ‘why I homeschool,’ ‘Curriculum or not,’ etc.
[OCTOBER 27, 2015 EDIT: After having this blog in my feedly for a few months now, I can tell you with certainty that she has great content.]
6. Beyond Moi: this is by the founder of theleakyboob.com and her husband. This is not actually a homeschool blog but they do homeschool some of their kids and most of what they talk about aligns with unschooling, i.e. trust your kid.
Mr Money Mustache: this is a finance blog I read and he just decided to homeschool. See the post below:
If you have any others that you think are great, please post it in the comments – I’m always looking for new content to add to my feedly! 🙂