This pregnancy, being our first, has been a whirlwind of changes and some fears have crept up in the process. Fear of judgment in my choices about parenting and birth. Fear that I’m not doing enough or not doing it right. Fear that things won’t go ‘perfectly’ or be what I think it should be. Fear that I won’t be strong enough to birth this baby. Fear that my body will betray me. Fear that I will betray myself.
After recognizing that all these fears were present (and bogus), I needed to put something better in their place and so I’ve created a few affirmations to do just that:
- I am enough. I am strong, wise, and grounded.
- I did my best and my best is enough.
- I have done and am doing the best I can physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually for my baby and my best is good enough. This baby will be whole and healthy and exactly what this baby is meant to be.
- I listen to my inner wise voice. I stand strong in my truth and power.
- I love my body. I trust my body. I am grateful for my body. My body is enough.
- My body is producing the perfect size baby for me to birth naturally and easily.
- I listen to my inner wise voice and all is well.
- I am strong and resilient. I persevere.
- I have faith in my strength.
- I love and accept myself just the way that I am.
- I honor my inner wisdom and stand strong in my power and truth.
- I am a good mother.
- I love this baby. I honor this baby. I am so grateful for this baby.
- I honor and embrace my excitement and joy for this baby.
Whether or not you are pregnant, may these affirmations help you to recognize how amazing and strong you are as well. <3