I served this recipe with Amy’s Vegetarian Chili over quinoa and brown rice. Yum!
- Washed and chopped mustard greens
- 2 T olive oil
- sweet potato
- 1/4 cup water
- Put sweet potato in microwave under damp paper towel for five minutes (original directions here).
- While that cooks, heat olive oil to medium heat in saucepan.
- Add minced garlic and let it cook until aroma fills your kitchen.
- Add mustard greens, salt and a little pepper and sautee until bright green.
- After 5 minutes in microwave, turn over sweet potato and cook for another 5 minutes under damp paper towel.
- After mustard greens are nicely sauteed, add water and cover until mustard greens are cooked to your liking. If they cook before all the water evaporates you can either remove the lid and let the water evaporate more quickly or use the lid to hold the mustard greens in the pan as you carefully pour the water out and into the sink.
- Once the potato is read, peel the skin and chop up into cubes. Be careful, the potato will be hot!
- Add sweet potato cubes to your saucepan and enjoy!